Harpist Over Dinner
September 15 -7:00 pm - 9:30 pm£29.90
Margaret Watson, our local professional harpist will give a short, very amusing, talk about her life as a harpist. This will be followed by a 3-course meal, with pre-selected menu, whilst Margaret entertains us with some beautiful music from all genres. This promises to be a very enjoyable experience in lovely intimate surroundings. Menu choices in advance please when you book your place.
Margaret began harp lessons at the age of fourteen with Surrey harpist Susannah Shucksmith. She then continued her studies under the late Sidonie Goossens OBE and finally, with Sussex harpist Helen Arnold. She holds a a Diploma in Music Performance on the harp and is also a Fellow of The Guild of Musicians and Singers. Now one of the busiest professional harpists in the South East, Margaret has played for Royalty, including performances for HRH The Princess Royal, HRH Princess Alexandra and HRH Prince Edward and Sophie Countess of Wessex.
She has given concerts at National Trust properties, played at City Guildhall, The Garrick Club, The Savoy, Ritz, Dorchester and Hilton Langham Hotels in London, Glyndebourne Opera House, The Royal Courts of Justice,Covent Garden and for many weddings, private parties, group meetings, receptions, launches, corporate, civic and charity functions.
She has also worked for the BBC and Netflix filming for TV documentaries.
Venue: Bucklers Cafe, St Mary’s Walk, Hailsham
Tickets: £29.90 from July 26th at www.ticketsource.co.uk/hailsham-festival (booking fee applies)
- Terrine, Chicken terrine, parma ham, mushroom puree, cranberry gel
- Salmon, Citrus cured salmon, blood orange gel, fresh horseradish puree
- Kholrabi, Baked kohlrabi, charred spring onion, fennel sauce (Vo)
- Wood pigeon, pigeon ravioli, sorrel velute, chive oil
- Risotto, Chestnut risotto, sheeps cheese, pine nuts (Vo)
- Chicken, Chicken breast ballotine, Italian beef and pork ragu, permentier potatoes, spinach, beurre blanc
- Hake, Pan fried hake supreme, sautee new potatoes & late summer vegetables, watercress sauce
- Lamb, pressed shoulder of lamb, potato terrine, wild mushroom, mint
(K) Panna cotta, late summer blackberry panna cotta, cobnut crumb, wood sorrel sauce
(L) Chocolate, Dark chocolate delice, caramel ice cream
(M) Plum, Plum tart titan, plum sorbet, plum crisps
If you have problems with the booking process please contact Pam Robinson at pamrobinson977@hotmailcom